SANDPOINT, Idaho - A northern Idaho man claims he was injured during a fall at the Bonner County Jail, where he was held last month on charges that he violated the terms of his release in a federal steroid smuggling case.
Kenneth Dean Flowerdew of Post Falls filed a tort claim Friday seeking $2 million in damages from Bonner County and the U.S. Marshals Service, which uses the jail to house federal defendants.
The Bonner County Daily Bee reports Flowerdew's claim was filed in Idaho's 1st District Court
The 44-year-old says he suffers from chronic back pain after the fall on March 21. According to his claim, Flowerdew jumped down from his bunk bed and slipped on a puddle of water that had accumulated due to a leaky roof.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time