COEUR d'ALENE, Idaho - A city in northern Idaho is cracking down on people who indecently expose themselves to others.
The Coeur d'Alene City Council voted earlier this week to expand an obscene conduct ordinance. It now specifically addresses people who indecently expose their "frontal regions" to annoy or offend others, as opposed to those who expose themselves with lewd intent.
The Coeur d'Alene Press reports violators could face a misdemeanor that is punishable by up to 180 days in jail and a $1,000 fine.
The city council voted 5-1 to approve the amendment. Councilman Dan Gookin opposed the move, saying he felt the issue was already well addressed in the city's ordinance on disturbing the peace.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives