OROFINO, Idaho. - The Orofino Fire Department is investigating what they are calling the deadliest fire in the town's history.
Th house fire broke out around 1:30 Saturday morning at the 200 block of Cedar Street in Orofino. Two adults and three children were killed, one of the children was a friend staying the night at the house for a birthday party.
Neighbors tried to help get the family get out of the burning home but the fire moved so quickly they weren't able to do anything.Multiple people killed in Orofino house fire
Fire investigators say the fire started on the porch and was caused by electrical issues. Investigators also believe there were no working smoke detectors inside the home.
The Idaho State Fire Marshal, Idaho State Police, and Orofino Police are all investigating the fire.
- Potholes keeping Spokane crews busy
- Federal judge says he is inclined to let lawsuit proceed
- Senator to reporter: "None of your business" when education plan will be ready
- Stripper pleads guilty to running multi-state drug ring
- Study: Idaho natural gas and oil taxes below many states
- I-90 semi crash closes westbound lanes