SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash - A Spokane Valley mother suspected of abandoning her two young sons along the freeway Tuesday morning was arrested Tuesday night by Spokane County Sheriff's deputies.
Law enforcement officers have been looking for Shannon Marie Germanton aka Duval since finding her three and 6-year-old sons in a grassy area along Interstate 90. The boys, who were barefoot and cold, had been there alone for at least three hours.
The boys were not able to tell deputies their last name, so it took time for deputies to determine who they were. They found Germanton's purse in a construction vehicle near the scene and filed a missing persons report Tuesday afternoon.
The boys were checked out by medical professionals and determined to be okay; they were placed in foster care.
Someone called in an anonymous tip and deputies caught up with Germanton around 8:30 Tuesday night. She was found at 312 South David in Spokane Valley. She was arrested on an outstanding negligent driving warrant and booked into the Spokane County Jail.
Post Falls Police say someone gave Germanton a ride into Spokane. They will likely extradite her back to Idaho to face any charges related to her children.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults