COEUR D' ALENE, Idaho - A 26-year-old Post Falls man who works for a moving company is being treated for serious head injuries after a 1,500-pound safe fell on him as it was being pushed up a truck ramp in Rathdrum.
Dale Tucker was hurt on Oct. 19 when a strap broke or came undone as the safe was being pushed into a truck. Tucker fell and the safe landed on his head.
Tucker underwent surgery the next morning at Kootenai Medical Center and was later transported to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. Family members said he was in stable condition in an induced coma Wednesday and was scheduled to undergo surgery Thursday to repair a spinal fluid leak and facial fractures.
- Bloomsday Run adjusts to Riverfront Park's redesign
- 4 Things to Know for April 24th
- Post Falls Police search for two young runaways
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school