BONNERS FERRY, Idaho - The Idaho State Police are investigating after a 43-year-old man died of an apparent suicide at the Boundary County Jail in Bonners Ferry.
Boundary County Chief Deputy Rick Stevens says David Lee Erickson of Bonners Ferry was arrested on a warrant on July 30. Stevens says a stun gun was used to subdue Erickson during the arrest and he also was charged with resisting arrest.
Officials say Erickson hanged himself during the night after his arrest.
The Bonner County Daily Bee reports jailers and medical responders were unable to resuscitate Erickson.
Sheriff Greg Sprungl asked the ISP to investigate.
Idaho court records indicate Erickson was wanted for failing to pay fines and fees assessed after he was convicted of driving without a license or insurance in 2013.
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show