COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - Four cows and a calf died in northern Idaho after being hit by lightning.
The Coeur d'Alene Press reports that the lightning strike on Wednesday killed the livestock owned by Hayden-area rancher John Symons.
Symons estimates the loss at $4,500.
Silverwood Theme Park spokesman Mark Robitaille says numerous trees fell in the recreational vehicle park and that some damaged RVs.
No injuries were reported.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home