LEWISTON, Idaho - A Lewiston man is facing Aggravated Assault charges after shooting at another man Saturday morning.
Just before 8 a.m. Lewiston Police Officers were dispatched to a report of shots fired in the 400 block of Park Avenue. While officers responded to that location, at least two other people called in the shooting, one of them claiming to have just been shot at by a suspect in that neighborhood.
Upon arrival, officers contacted the shooting victim to determine the circumstances surrounding the incident. During the course of the investigation, 25-year-old Benjamin Mowery of Lewiston was detained, and then later taken into custody for Aggravated Assault, a felony under Idaho law.
Police say the incident started as an argument between the victim and Mowery.
The weapon involved in the incident was recovered as evidence. The block was closed for nearly one hour while officers processed the scene for evidence and searched for additional witnesses.
If you were a witness to the incident, you're asked to call the Lewiston Police Department at 208-746-0171.
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land