LEWISTON, Idaho - A 29-year-old man died when the aircraft he was piloting crashed near a private landing strip south of Lewiston.
The Nez Perce County sheriff's office tells the Lewiston Tribune the victim was Bryce Winterbottom of Lewiston.
The single-seat aircraft crashed in a wheat field at about 8:15 a.m. Saturday. Winterbottom died at the scene.
Based on witness reports, the sheriff's office believes the plane crashed due to engine failure. A final determination has not been made.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity