LEWISTON, Idaho - A 29-year-old man died when the aircraft he was piloting crashed near a private landing strip south of Lewiston.
The Nez Perce County sheriff's office tells the Lewiston Tribune the victim was Bryce Winterbottom of Lewiston.
The single-seat aircraft crashed in a wheat field at about 8:15 a.m. Saturday. Winterbottom died at the scene.
Based on witness reports, the sheriff's office believes the plane crashed due to engine failure. A final determination has not been made.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday