SPOKANE, Wash. - KXLY 4 viewer Tiffany Hansen snapped a picture on Thursday morning of what looks to be a meteor falling to Earth.
On her own Facebook page, Hansen posted "Luck, serendipity, chance...call it what you want. It all comes to being in the right place at the right time. Meteor captured over Post Falls, Idaho."
Other viewers reached out to us, saying they saw a green flash and heard a loud boom in the Bonner County area.
KXLY 4's Mark Peterson spoke with the National Weather Service Thursday morning. They said there is some scientific certainty that the loud bang and flash of light was a meteorite.
You can see Tiffany's original photo and the rest of her work on her Facebook page.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods