GRANGEVILLE, Idaho - A 48-year-old northern Idaho man has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder in the shooting death of another man at a roadside turnout in Idaho County.
The Lewiston Tribune reports Jason Godwin of Kooskia entered his plea Monday in District Court in Grangeville. He is charged with the June 9 shooting death of 41-year-old Kyle A. Anderson.
Prosecutors allege Godwin shot Anderson in the neck at the roadside pullout where Anderson and his girlfriend were living in a motor home. Charging documents say Anderson was putting license plates on the motor home when he was shot.
Godwin's bail was set at $500,000. District Judge Michael J. Griffin denied a motion by Godwin's public defender to reduce his bail.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity