KELLOGG, Idaho - A Kellogg, Idaho man is in good condition after being missing in the woods of Silver Valley for a week.
The Shoshone County Sheriff's Office said Monday that Jesse Kagarise, 22, walked out of the woods to a home in the Pine Creek area Sunday morning, bringing to an end a nearly week-long search and rescue operation that involved Shoshone County Search and Rescue, Northwest Backcountry Rescue, Silver Mountain Resort and the 36th Rescue Flight based out of Fairchild Air Force Base.
On the ground, searchers hiked the hills and rode ATVs combing the woods for signs of Kagarise while a 36th Rescue Flight helicopter, equipped with thermal imaging, looked for signs of the missing man from overhead.
The sheriff's office said that Kagarise is in good condition but did suffer from hypothermia and frostbite during the time he was missing.
Deputies are now working to determine where he was during the time he was missing and why he didn't respond to searchers that were looking for him.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car