COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho (AP) -- - A judge entered not guilty pleas on behalf of a man charged with strangling his wife and her daughter in Post Falls on July 8.
24-year-old Angel Albertico Morales-Larranaga chose to remain silent Thursday when 1st District Judge Fred Gibler asked for his plea to the two counts of first-degree murder.
Morales-Larranaga is charged in the deaths of 24-year-old Facunda Velenzuelaleon and 6-year-old Dayana Valencia. He is being held in the Kootenai County jail with bail set at $2 million.
A Post Falls police report says Morales-Larranaga told a friend he strangled his wife. The friend asked about the girl and said Morales-Larranaga replied that she was hitting him so he "had to kill her, too."
Gibler granted prosecutors more time to decide if they will pursue the death penalty.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives