HAYDEN, Idaho - The Idaho State Police identified the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office deputy who hit and killed a pedestrian in his patrol car on Saturday morning.
Deputy Andrew Nye, 33, was driving the 2008 Crown Victoria that struck Amber Viuhkola, 38.
Around 1:30 a.m., Nye was driving southbound on US95 near Miles Ave when he hit and killed Viuhkola.
The release sent Monday by ISP says Viuhkola was in the roadway at the time of the collision.
ISP would like any witnesses to contact their office at 208-209-8730.
- Beck's Harvest House celebrates 30th year
- Health recommendations for early flu season
- Post Falls police hope to solve digital crimes faster with new equipment
- Jury finds Renfro guilty on three aggravating factors; faces death penalty
- Breast cancer survivor shares brave story
- Sweet Frostings raises domestic violence awareness