COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - The Idaho Industrial Commission has filed a lawsuit against a former state lawmaker from northern Idaho over unpaid workers' compensation insurance.
The lawsuit filed in 1st District Court against accuses former state senator Mike Jorgenson of not making any payments since Dec. 1.
The Coeur d'Alene Press reports the 64-year-old Hayden Lake Republican faces a penalty of $5,200.
Jorgenson recently announced he was closing his restaurant in Hayden -- called The Copa.
Earlier this month, Coeur d'Alene's criminal attorney's office announced it had dismissed a misdemeanor battery charge against Jorgenson. The charge was filed after an alleged scuffle with an employee at his restaurant in February.
Jorgenson lost his Senate seat in the 2010 GOP primary.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line