LEWISTON, Idaho - Idaho State Police investigators say a man who committed suicide at a Nez Perce County Jail last month showed no previous signs that he was suicidal.
The ISP was asked to investigate after 52-year-old Jeffrey Admyers of Lewiston was found hanging in his cell on July 6. The Lewiston Tribune (http://bit.ly/1cXbQns), which obtained the investigation results through a public records request, reports that corrections officers performed CPR on Admyers until medics arrived and transported him to the hospital, where he died later that evening.
The report found that deputies performed regular checks on Admyers and that he gave no indication of suicidal ideation in his recorded phone calls.
The ISP concluded that there was no wrongdoing or negligence by jail staff.
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- Whitworth students caught in DC protest
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car