LEWISTON, Idaho - Idaho State Police investigators say a man who committed suicide at a Nez Perce County Jail last month showed no previous signs that he was suicidal.
The ISP was asked to investigate after 52-year-old Jeffrey Admyers of Lewiston was found hanging in his cell on July 6. The Lewiston Tribune (http://bit.ly/1cXbQns), which obtained the investigation results through a public records request, reports that corrections officers performed CPR on Admyers until medics arrived and transported him to the hospital, where he died later that evening.
The report found that deputies performed regular checks on Admyers and that he gave no indication of suicidal ideation in his recorded phone calls.
The ISP concluded that there was no wrongdoing or negligence by jail staff.
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'
- Humane Society volunteer wins award for shelter