ALEXANDRIA, Va. - Idaho Republican Sen. Michael Crapo is scheduled to appear in a Virginia court to answer drunken driving charges.
Crapo is charged with a first-offense DWI and failing to obey a traffic signal. The DWI charge is a misdemeanor under Virginia law. His arraignment is scheduled Friday morning in General District Court in Alexandria.
Police say Crapo was pulled over for running a red light and registered a blood alcohol level above the legal limit.
A spokesman for Crapo has said the senator does not plan to contest the allegations.
Crapo issued a statement shortly after his Dec. 23 arrest apologizing for his actions.
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured