ALEXANDRIA, Va. - Idaho Republican Sen. Michael Crapo is scheduled to appear in a Virginia court to answer drunken driving charges.
Crapo is charged with a first-offense DWI and failing to obey a traffic signal. The DWI charge is a misdemeanor under Virginia law. His arraignment is scheduled Friday morning in General District Court in Alexandria.
Police say Crapo was pulled over for running a red light and registered a blood alcohol level above the legal limit.
A spokesman for Crapo has said the senator does not plan to contest the allegations.
Crapo issued a statement shortly after his Dec. 23 arrest apologizing for his actions.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting