COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - Police in northern Idaho say a 2-year-old boy is temporarily in state custody and his father has been arrested after the child wandered alone into a Coeur d'Alene bar.
According to a police press release, the toddler was alone when he walked into Sully's Pub and Grill Sunday afternoon. He told police his age and name and his father's name.
Idaho State Police found the father at a Walmart in a nearby town. Police said he appeared to be under the influence and offered no explanation about how he became separated from the child.
The 36-year-old father has been arrested on suspicion of child endangerment. Officials said that the child's mother had not contacted police by late Sunday.
- Ferguson files lawsuit over sexual harassment of farmworkers
- Man ejected from truck found dead at scene
- Escaped inmate located and taken into custody
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns