PORTLAND, Ore. - An Idaho man who reported a road-rage encounter with a Portland police captain is suing the officer and city.
In August 2011, Todd Wyatt waved his gun and badge in the window of his truck after he and Nicholas Cox took an Interstate 90 on-ramp near Post Falls.
Wyatt says Cox cut him off. Cox says Wyatt was tailgating.
The Oregonian reports the suit filed Tuesday seeks $255,000. It says the police bureau's failure to discipline Wyatt for earlier acts likely led him to think he was above the law.
Wyatt has been demoted to lieutenant, partly due to the off-duty confrontation. He was acquitted of a weapons charge in Idaho.
Wyatt's attorney said his client looks forward to an airing of the facts.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car