COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A northern Idaho family says their dog was killed after it was caught in an unmarked large animal trap in a forest near Kellogg.
Post Falls resident Sarah Miller told the Coeur d'Alene Press that her family was hiking Sunday when their dog, Loyal encountered the body-gripping trap about 20 feet off the road.
Miller says she tried to release the jaws of the trap but it wouldn't budge, and her 12-year-old son watched as their pet died.
Miller says she called Idaho Fish and Game but the agency said there was nothing they could do because the trapper's name wasn't on the trap. Miller says trappers aren't required to post warning signs.
Another northern Idaho family reported their dog died in a similar trap last month.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives