KAMIAH, Idaho - A two-year-old child is in the hospital after being hit by a woman driving under the influence on Friday night.
Idaho State Police say around 9:20 38-year-old Sarkisian Farnham was traveling northbound on Hill Street near 12th Street in Kamiah when the two-year-old ran out into the roadway from the parking lot of a nearby football field. Farnham struck the child with her vehicle.
The child was transported to Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane.
During the investigation it was determined Farnham was under the influence of an intoxicating substance, not alcohol, and was arrested for driving under the influence.
The crash is under investigation.
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- Thousands turn out for Women's March on Spokane