KAMIAH, Idaho - A two-year-old child is in the hospital after being hit by a woman driving under the influence on Friday night.
Idaho State Police say around 9:20 38-year-old Sarkisian Farnham was traveling northbound on Hill Street near 12th Street in Kamiah when the two-year-old ran out into the roadway from the parking lot of a nearby football field. Farnham struck the child with her vehicle.
The child was transported to Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane.
During the investigation it was determined Farnham was under the influence of an intoxicating substance, not alcohol, and was arrested for driving under the influence.
The crash is under investigation.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car