COEUR d'ALENE, Idaho - Hydroplane races will return to Lake Coeur d'Alene this summer.
H1 Unlimited chairman Sam Cole says the organization is delighted to be returning to Coeur d'Alene.
He says the 2013 race was well received by the fans and the community.
The Coeur d'Alene Press reports the races are scheduled for Aug. 29-31, with 30 to 32 race teams expected.
Organizers say some 50,000 people attended last year's races, although only about 15,000 were paying customers. They hope to double the paying customers this time, to avoid the financial difficulties that followed last year's races.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car