HAYDEN, Idaho - A 38-year-old Hayden woman was hit and killed by a Kootenai County Sheriff's deputy's vehicle early Saturday morning.
Around 1:30 a.m., the deputy was driving southbound on US95 near Miles Ave when he hit and killed Amber Viuhkola.
The release sent Monday by ISP says Viuhkola was in the roadway at the time of the collision.
ISP would like any witnesses to contact their office at 208-209-8730.
- Security upped following Manito Park shooting
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017