HAYDEN, Idaho - A 38-year-old Hayden woman was hit and killed by a Kootenai County Sheriff's deputy's vehicle early Saturday morning.
Around 1:30 a.m., the deputy was driving southbound on US95 near Miles Ave when he hit and killed Amber Viuhkola.
The release sent Monday by ISP says Viuhkola was in the roadway at the time of the collision.
ISP would like any witnesses to contact their office at 208-209-8730.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march