LEWISTON, Idaho - A 21-year-old north-central Idaho man who formerly worked for the Lapwai Boys and Girls Club has pleaded guilty to raping a 15-year-old girl as part of an agreement that avoids prison time.
The Lewiston Tribune reports that Tyrel J. Smolinski made the plea Thursday in 2nd District Court.
Smolinski can withdraw the plea if 2nd District Judge Carl B. Kerrick refuses to follow the terms of the agreement.
Smolinski originally faced felony charges of rape and lewd conduct with a child younger than 16.
As part of the agreement, the lewd conduct charge would be dismissed and any time in prison would be suspended.
Under the agreement, time in the Nez Perce County Jail would be at the judge's discretion.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position