COEUR D'ALENE - Former Republican Rep. Mark Patterson of Boise has taken the initial step in filing a lawsuit against Ada County Sheriff Gary Raney after Raney stripped Patterson of his concealed weapons license last year.
The Idaho Statesman reports in a story on Monday that Patterson last month filed a tort claim, a precursor to a lawsuit against a public entity.
Raney revoked Patterson's concealed weapons permit in late October for not revealing an attempted rape conviction from 1974.
However, as long as he remained a legislator, Patterson was able to continue carrying a concealed gun without a permit. But he quit the Legislature in January.
Patterson declined to comment.
Sheriff spokesman Patrick Orr says Raney doesn't consider the county vulnerable to Patterson's claim.
- Skeletal remains in Idaho badger den are from 2 children
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved