COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - Dirk Kempthorne was visiting Coeur d'Alene last weekend.
The former Boise mayor, U.S. senator, Idaho governor and U.S. interior secretary spent the weekend at The Coeur d'Alene Resort in his role as president of the American Council of Life Insurers.
The 62-year-old Kempthorne says he decided to fly into Boise and ride his motorcycle to Coeur d'Alene so he could enjoy the Idaho scenery.
The Coeur d'Alene Press reports he also got to enjoy some highways that were dramatically improved during his stint as governor.
- Bloomsday Run adjusts to Riverfront Park's redesign
- 4 Things to Know for April 24th
- Post Falls Police search for two young runaways
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school