COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A Republican Party official in northern Idaho is moving forward with a defamation lawsuit against a woman who posted online comments about missing party funds.
Former Kootenai County Republican Party Chairwoman Tina Jacobson of Rathdrum sued Linda Cook after learning Cook posted a comment on The Spokesman-Review's Huckleberries online blog asking if $10,000 allegedly missing from the party's coffers was "stuffed inside Tina's blouse."
Jacobson's attorney amended the court filing Monday to argue that Cook is in breach of contract for refusing to abide by a settlement agreement that required her to make a public apology and a donation to charity.
Cook said she is prepared to defend herself in court and the breach of contract claim "is going to be a matter of strenuous contention."
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday