COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A Republican Party official in northern Idaho is moving forward with a defamation lawsuit against a woman who posted online comments about missing party funds.
Former Kootenai County Republican Party Chairwoman Tina Jacobson of Rathdrum sued Linda Cook after learning Cook posted a comment on The Spokesman-Review's Huckleberries online blog asking if $10,000 allegedly missing from the party's coffers was "stuffed inside Tina's blouse."
Jacobson's attorney amended the court filing Monday to argue that Cook is in breach of contract for refusing to abide by a settlement agreement that required her to make a public apology and a donation to charity.
Cook said she is prepared to defend herself in court and the breach of contract claim "is going to be a matter of strenuous contention."
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives