COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A federal judge in northern Idaho has accepted a plea deal involving a former city finance employee in Coeur d'Alene who authorities say embezzled $365,000.
U.S. Judge Edward Lodge on Monday in U.S. District Court in Coeur d'Alene accepted the deal Sheryl Lynn Carroll, 52, agreed to in October that had her plead guilty to six counts of wire fraud.
The Coeur d'Alene Press reports that Carroll faces up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine when she's sentenced on Feb. 5.
Authorities said Carroll was hired by the city in October 2002 as a payroll coordinator in the city's finance department.
Police said she stole the money using 120 fraudulent transfers between 2007 and 2012.
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land