COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A 36-year-old man who was arrested after his son was found wandering outside a Coeur d'Alene bar is charged with injury to a child.
The Coeur d'Alene Press reports Jesse W. Edwards is scheduled to be arraigned on March 5. He is currently free after posting $300 bail.
Edwards was arrested at the Walmart in Hayden on Feb. 10 after his son was found wandering close to traffic. The boy was brought into a bar and employees called police.
The boy didn't know where his father was.
Edwards told an Idaho State Trooper he usually takes his son to his parents' house in Athol and he thought he had done so. Court records say Edwards also acknowledged ingesting methamphetamine within 48 hours of his arrest.
- I-90 closed at Vantage Bridge due to crash
- What's considered low-income in Spokane?
- Former WSU student sentenced to 12 years for drugs
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump