COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A 36-year-old man who was arrested after his son was found wandering outside a Coeur d'Alene bar is charged with injury to a child.
The Coeur d'Alene Press reports Jesse W. Edwards is scheduled to be arraigned on March 5. He is currently free after posting $300 bail.
Edwards was arrested at the Walmart in Hayden on Feb. 10 after his son was found wandering close to traffic. The boy was brought into a bar and employees called police.
The boy didn't know where his father was.
Edwards told an Idaho State Trooper he usually takes his son to his parents' house in Athol and he thought he had done so. Court records say Edwards also acknowledged ingesting methamphetamine within 48 hours of his arrest.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time