POST FALLS, Idaho - A Post Falls man has been arrested and booked into the Kootenai County Jail under suspicion of injuring his four-month-old child.
On Tuesday, Post Falls police officers responded to a residence in the 1900 block of E. Coeur d'Alene Avenue for an unconscious baby that had stopped breathing. Police officers started first aid on the child. Paramedics arrived a short time later and discovered possible bruising on the back of the baby's head.
While inside the apartment, police saw drug paraphernalia and detected a strong odor of marijuana. Officers questioned the father regarding the circumstances surrounding his child being unconscious. The father denied any wrongdoing.
After an examination by physicians at Kootenai Medical Center it was determined the baby had suffered serious head trauma and was airlifted to Sacred Heart Medical Center for emergency surgery.
The father, identified by police as Jeremiah Weaver, 20, of Post Falls, was taken to the Post Falls Police Department for further questioning and was later charged with one felony count of injury to a child and another charge of possession of drug paraphernalia.
Weaver was booked into the Kootenai County Jail on a $100,000 bond.
The current condition of the baby is not known.
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some