HAYDEN, Idaho - Police in northern Idaho say two target shooters were injured when they attempted to use leftover exploding target material to start a fire.
The Coeur d'Alene Press reports that 20-year-old Dylan E. Dodd of Coeur d'Alene was treated for serious injuries at the Kootenai Medical Center and was in stable condition. Also receiving treatment at the center was 23-year-old Alex L. Encinas of Athol.
The Kootenai County Sheriff's Office says the two men had spent most of Friday at the Hayden Creek shooting pit with a third man who wasn't injured.
Police say Dodd neared the fire with the volatile material and it exploded, injuring Dodd's right hand and burning Encinas on his lower body.
The men drove to a convenience store where they were met by an ambulance.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car