IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - An Idaho Falls man who intentionally drove his vehicle off the road with his 18-year-old wife and 17-month-old son inside has been sentenced to probation for four years.
The Post Register reports that 19-year-old Nathan Ward received the sentence Thursday in 7th District Court.
Ward pleaded guilty to felony injury to a child in July, and prosecutors dismissed a charge of aggravated battery.
Police say that Ward in June crashed his 2000 Dodge Caravan into a fence and irrigation canal.
Authorities say his wife and child received minor injuries.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time