COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - The Kootenai County Sheriff's Office is looking for reported drowning victim in Lake Coeur d'Alene.
On Saturday at about 7:30 p.m. the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office responded to the area of Stevens Point, in Lake Coeur d'Alene, due south of Tubbs Point, for a reported drowning.
The victim has been identified as Gary S. "Scotty" Shawver, 57 years old of Post Falls, ID. Shawver is a well-known businessman in the Post Falls area.
Once marine and dive units arrived, they learned that Shawver had jumped into the water after an item that fell from their boat. He was not wearing a life jacket at the time and was unable to make it back to the boat.
The Sheriff's Dive Rescue Team deployed divers into the water, but they were not successful in locating the male. The water depth in the area is approximately 130-140 feet.
Once the weather clears, the Sheriff's SONAR team will respond and attempt to locate the male.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car