HAYDEN, Idaho - Deputies said a man tried to rob a newspaper deliveryman on Friday morning and they believe he was in the area burglarizing garages.
It happened just after 4 a.m. on the 8400 block of North Rude Street.
According to police, a man was delivering newspapers when he saw a man lying in a front yard. The man who was lying in the yard got up, told the newspaper deliveryman he had a gun and demanded money.
Kootenai County sheriff's deputies said the deliveryman did not see a gun so he challenged the man.
The man then walked away and headed northbound on Rude Street.
Deputies said they found a garage door open two blocks away from the attempted robbery. They also found a quiver with arrows propped up on a nearby fence. Deputies said the quiver and arrows were taken from the open garage. They believe the man was in the area burglarizing garages.
He is described as a white man, about 6 feet 2 inches tall and weighing 180 pounds. He was last seen wearing dark pants and a dark grey or dirty sweatshirt. He was also wearing a red bandana with white spots on it over his face.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office at 208-446-1300.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car