BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Democratic Party has a new chairman.
Party officials picked Post Falls native Larry Kenck on Saturday to replace outgoing chairman Larry Grant.
Kenck is a former chairman of the Kootenai County Central Committee and served as an official with the Teamsters Union group that represents northern Idaho and eastern Washington.
He also ran unsuccessfully for state senate seats in 1996 and 1998 and now serves on the Idaho Industrial Commission Advisory Board.
Kenck was picked during the party's annual Frank and Bethine Church Gala. He said his goal is to reunite Democrats and push the party toward working on issues to strengthen businesses and families in Idaho.
Grant announced his decision to step down earlier this month after serving two years.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults