PLUMMER, Idaho - A historical marker on the Coeur d'Alene Indian Reservation has been defaced with racist graffiti.
The marker is located on Highway 95 and Desmet Road, and announces the site of the historic Desmet Mission.
The tribe says that sometime this weekend vandals defaced the sign with the words "White Power" and then "Die (expletive) Indians." The expletive was misspelled. The graffiti also included a swastika.
The tribe says it has contacted the Idaho Transportation Department to restore the historical marker.
The tribe asks that anyone with information about the incident contact the Idaho State Police.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River