COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - The National Weather Service is forecasting the Coeur d'Alene River to rise above flood stage at Cataldo Friday night.
A flood warning has been issued for Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Kootenai, Latah and Shoshone counties due to the one-two punch of heavy rainfall and spring snow melt.
The river at Cataldo is being forecast to rise above flood stage Friday evening and is expected to crest one-and-a-half feet above flood stage Saturday before receding on Sunday.
Kootenai County's Office of Emergency Management says it has received reports from residents of water over roadways and creeks overflowing their banks across the county. They are recommending residents, particularly those that live in flood prone areas, take steps to safeguard their property.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position