COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - The National Weather Service is forecasting the Coeur d'Alene River to rise above flood stage at Cataldo Friday night.
A flood warning has been issued for Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Kootenai, Latah and Shoshone counties due to the one-two punch of heavy rainfall and spring snow melt.
The river at Cataldo is being forecast to rise above flood stage Friday evening and is expected to crest one-and-a-half feet above flood stage Saturday before receding on Sunday.
Kootenai County's Office of Emergency Management says it has received reports from residents of water over roadways and creeks overflowing their banks across the county. They are recommending residents, particularly those that live in flood prone areas, take steps to safeguard their property.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives