COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - Coeur d'Alene High School has ended publication of its student newspaper.
The Viking Voice provided student news for almost two decades, but its final edition was published on May 29.
The Coeur d'Alene Press reports the paper's academic adviser is leaving and no one has stepped up to take her place.
Managing editor Timber Lockhart, a sophomore, says she feels the loss of the paper is a loss of the student news no one else covers.
Assistant principal Todd Gilkey says the administration is keeping its options open for the future of the Viking Voice.
- Felons finding new purpose in life at Family Faith Community Church
- Leukemia survivor meets blood donor for first time
- Parents fearful about children outdoors without glasses during eclipse
- Scavenger hunt for eclipse glasses causes frenzy around town
- Homes briefly evacuated as fire burns near Colville
- Three Spokane Valley children killed in car collision in Alberta, parents injured