COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A couple trapped inside a burning mobile home Friday morning had to breathe out of a window until firefighters could rescue them.
The fire started around 3:30 a.m. Friday on the 2400 block of West Plymouth Circle in Coeur d'Alene.
According to firefighters, a woman delivering newspapers noticed flames inside the house. She alerted the sleeping couple inside and called 911.
Firefighters said the couple stayed in a bedroom, breathing out of an open window until they were rescued by firefighters.
The couple are OK; firefighters also rescued the couple's four dogs.
The fire started in the kitchen and firefighters are investigating the cause.
The Red Cross is assisting the couple.
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some