CLARK FORK, IDAHO - The Bonner County Prosecutor is dismissing a charge against the woman accused of leaving the scene of a fatal crash.
Last July, Spokane Police Officer Kurt Henson lost control of his motorcycle near Clark Fork, Idaho, slid across the pavement and was then run over. He died at the scene.
The next day, Brianna Knapp surrendered herself and was charged with leaving the scene of an accident.
Knapp told investigat6ors that she hit the same uneven ground that caused Hensen to lost control and assumed her truck was damaged in the construction zone.
Now, the prosecutor is dismissing that charge, but could re-file, pending the outcome of the investigation.
- Man found dead in downtown Spokane parking lot
- Riverfront Park construction progresses
- Study shows Spokane Police Department needs more officers
- Mom of son with rare disease says healthcare decision is about more than 'politics'
- Summer thunderstorms leave a mess for some residents around region
- Airman found dead in dorm at Fairchild