CLARK FORK, IDAHO - The Bonner County Prosecutor is dismissing a charge against the woman accused of leaving the scene of a fatal crash.
Last July, Spokane Police Officer Kurt Henson lost control of his motorcycle near Clark Fork, Idaho, slid across the pavement and was then run over. He died at the scene.
The next day, Brianna Knapp surrendered herself and was charged with leaving the scene of an accident.
Knapp told investigat6ors that she hit the same uneven ground that caused Hensen to lost control and assumed her truck was damaged in the construction zone.
Now, the prosecutor is dismissing that charge, but could re-file, pending the outcome of the investigation.
- Street closed on 26th and Pines due to water main break
- Zag fans face cold to catch final MBB home game
- Solid waste collectors and police collaborate to fight crime
- Spokane's beloved K9 Laslo retires
- City of Spokane tries new techniques to tackle potholes
- Waterless week for nearly 300 patrons in CDA