COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - The Coeur d'Alene Police Department will reveal the results of its internal and external investigation into the July 9 shooting of Arfee the dog by one of its officers Friday morning.
A press conference will be held Friday where the results of the investigation into that shooting will be discussed.
Arfee was sitting in a van outside Java on Sherman. The officer, who has not been identified, was investigating a call about a suspicious van. The officer shot and killed the dog; the department initially said it was a vicious pit bull that jumped out at the officer but Arfee was a black lab mix.
His body camera was not turned on during the incident.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday