COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - Two people were shot and killed in a Coeur d'Alene home and one person was taken into custody Monday night in the 1300 block of N. First Street.
The suspected shooter was taken into custody around 9:30 p.m., shortly after calling police to tell them a shooting had occurred.
Police say the the suspect knew the victims.
Police executed a search warrant around 1 a.m. Tuesday. Inside they collected evidence and documented the scene. Forensics was also at the home.
Police say the victims' and shooter's names will likely not be released until mid-Tuesday morning.
A representative from St. Vincent de Paul's has confirmed that the victims were living in transitional housing.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home