COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - Police in Coeur d'Alene have a warrant to arrest a 45-year-old California woman for allegedly helping a 14-year-old Idaho girl run away to southern California to visit the woman's 15-year-old son.
Prosecutors allege Lillie Alvarado traveled to Coeur d'Alene, picked up the girl on March 1 and rode with her on the train from Spokane, Wash., to Bakersfield, Calif.
Alvarado's son met the girl online and court records say she told FBI agents she wanted to assist her son and the girl in their desire to be together.
The girl was found at Alvarado's house in Bakersfield on Tuesday. She is in the custody of Child Protective Services of California while arrangements are being made to return her to Idaho.
The warrant says Alvarado faces a second-degree kidnapping charge.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home