COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A former payroll coordinator for the city of Coeur d'Alene has been sentenced to over three years in prison and ordered to repay $365,000 she took from the city over a period of several years.
The U.S. Attorney's Office says Sheryl Lynn Carroll, 52, of Coeur d'Alene was sentenced Monday to three years and four months in prison followed by three years of supervised release.
She earlier pleaded guilty to six counts of wire fraud for diverting payments intended for legitimate vendors to her personal bank account.
The Coeur d'Alene Press reports Carroll was fired last July after city staff noticed financial irregularities while she was on vacation.
Carroll also had been convicted in 1983 for stealing from the real estate company for which she worked in Oregon.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home