COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A judge in northern Idaho has sentenced a Coeur d'Alene man to at least 30 days in jail for seriously injuring his ex-girlfriend's miniature schnauzer last summer.
The Coeur d'Alene Press reports that Michael Dobler, 27, was sentenced on the misdemeanor animal cruelty charge by Judge Penny Friedlander Monday. Prosecutors said Dobler offered to walk the three-year-old dog named Shaylee last year but returned the mini schnauzer with serious injuries. A vet testified that the animal had injuries consistent with being kicked and dragged behind a vehicle.
Dobler never admitting harming the dog, but entered a modified guilty plea agreeing that there was enough evidence to convict him.
- I-90 closed at Vantage Bridge due to crash
- What's considered low-income in Spokane?
- Former WSU student sentenced to 12 years for drugs
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump