POST FALLS, Idaho - A 39-year-old northern Idaho man was taken to the hospital after his 2002 Subaru Legacy was strike by a train in Post Falls and pushed to the next railroad crossing.
Idaho State Police reported on Wednesday that John S. Cheatham was taken to Kootenai Medical Center, where his condition wasn't given.
But they said he was able to describe what happened following the crash.
They said Cheatham was driving northbound in Post Falls on Grange Avenue when he failed to yield to a westbound Union Pacific train.
After being struck, Cheatham's vehicle was carried by the train to next crossing at Chase Road.
Cheatham wasn't wearing a seatbelt.
The Kootenai County Sheriff's Department assisted on the incident until a wrecker was able to remove debris from the tracks.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position