MOSCOW, Idaho - Charles Capone is scheduled to go on trial Tuesday in Latah County for the killing of his estranged wife Rachael Anderson.
Capone is accused of murdering Anderson in 2010. Her body has never been found.
The last time anyone heard from Anderson was April 16, 2010. Court documents show she confronted Capone that night to tell him she was proceeding with getting a divorce. She was never seen or heard from again.
Several searches have been done along the Snake River for her remains but haven't turned up anything.
Without her remains prosecutors still say they can connect Capone to Anderson's murder.
The trial was delayed when the previous judge recused himself from the proceedings.
Judge Carl Kerrick will preside over Capone's trial.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position