BONNERS FERRY, Idaho - Officials in northern Idaho are investigating the death of a jail inmate.
The Boundary County sheriff's office says a detention officer found 48-year-old inmate Brian Howarth was not breathing on Friday morning. The deputy requested an ambulance and began resuscitation efforts. Howarth was pronounced dead at the hospital in Bonner's Ferry.
Chief Deputy Rich Stephens says the cause of death has not been determined, but an initial investigation did not indicate any foul play.
Howarth was serving a 30-day jail term after pleading guilty to driving under the influence.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car