COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A bomb scare forced the evacuation of the Idaho State Police building in Coeur d'Alene Thursday afternoon.
The building was evacuated and the Spokane bomb squad was called in to inspect the package, which turned out to be nothing more than a plastic grocery bag with a couple of cell phones inside.
Investigators say they took no chance when a man left the bag behind as he refused to answer any questions before he left the building.
"Based on his behavior and that he took off running they were concerned in was an explosive device so they evacuated the building," Coeur d'Alene Police Department Sergeant Christie Wood said.
They determined there was no threat but police would still like to talk with the man, who is described as being in his late 20's to early 30's, dark hair, 5'9, medium build, possibly Hispanic, wearing a black t-shirt, tan shorts, black baseball cap, black bandana and small frame dark sunglasses.
He was last seen in the Riverstone area and anyone with information about this individual is asked to call police.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march