Coeur d'Alene - The Kootenai County Sheriff's Office reports the body of Gary "Scotty" Shawver has been recovered from Lake Coeur d'Alene.
Just after 8:30pm Friday night, the Sheriff's Office received a call from a local dive company advising they had been diving in the Stevens Point area in Lake Coeur d'Alene and located a body in about 60 feet of water.
The Sheriff's Office Recreation Safety Section and Dive Team members responded to the scene and recovered the body of Shawver from the lake bottom.
Numerous family members and friends were on scene at the time of the recovery.
Shawver had been missing since Saturday, August 2nd when he reportedly jumped into the lake from a boat to retrieve a hat that had blown into the water.
An autopsy will be scheduled for early next week. Autopsy and toxicology reports won't be available for several weeks.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties